Last you heard from me, I finished my biggest giveaway of all times...announced the winners...and then promptly dropped off the face of the earth.
I PROMISE I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN YOU!!! I especially want to apologize to the giveaway winners...because *insert the blush emoticon and face palm here* I STILL haven't mailed out your books yet. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person and trust me, I'm VERY embarrassed about this. Normally it wouldn't take me this long (like, what? THREE MONTHS or something like that now? Guys, I'm MORTIFIED) but I do have several excuses. Let me get you all up to date on how my life has been the last couple months.
~ June ~1) My friend that's been away at college since spring break came up for the summer and our family tried to prioritize our time so we could all hang out more. A lot of spontaneous ice cream and ping pong. :) It was super awesome.
2) Penial Ranch. SO MUCH FUN. But exhausting, and time consuming. Not that I'd trade that week for ANYTHING.
3) Our house was being roofed this whole time, which meant a lot of extra chores for those NOT up on the roof all day.
4) I was still trying to do college studying throughout this time, not to mention read and write some...I mean, a girl needs to have some free time, right?
5) I also hosted a book signing at my house, which was amazing and fun, and even though it was during a busy time of year, I actually had a pretty good turnout? (The cookies were DEFINITELY not the reason why so many people showed up. :P)
~ July ~1) Our church had its VBS program and I had a fairly important part in it including being a leader of a group of kids, leading songs, and being a character in a play that we did at the end of each day. (You can watch that play now on Youtube in its entirety. Here's a link if you're interested: TIME LAB PLAY)
2) I also went to visit my brother in Eastern Washington where he works as a missionary with another family there that our church supports.
3) I have this job, right? BABYSITTING. Yeah, I've been doing that all this time too. Four hours a day, four days of the week. Plus, I've also had to take care of their animals a couple weekends as well due to an unfortunate family tragedy which I won't go in to detail here.
4) I'm still plugging away at a couple books (I READ FAWKES AND IT'S SO GOOD) as well as trying to get in some of my own writing. I did actually manage to write about 5k in "A New Name", which, with everything else going on in my life, WAS A HUGE AMOUNT.
~ August ~
2) With the roofs of our property FINALLY done, (including a couple extras that the poor guys hadn't bargained for) we could now focus on some other property issues including a washing machine that stopped working AND one of two water pumps breaking down on us. In a family of ten...this is no joke.
3) I'm almost caught up now with the life I'm living right now (since August isn't over yet, thank goodness!) I have a CLEP test this Friday, and at the end of the month, an Accuplacer test which I have to take in order to get into the college I want to get into.
Needing to take a deep breath yet? Yeah, me too. Obviously, I've been a little stressed over the last couple months. Still, I know its unforgivable the amount of waiting I made you all do. Excuses aside, I should have sent out those book packages MONTHS ago.
To all of you who have been waiting patiently, in growing confusion as to why your book hasn't showed up yet, hopefully this post will clear that up. Again, I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN. Your books are signed, in a bag, in my car. I just need finish writing you each a letter and take them down to the postal office in order to send them off. Due to financial reasons, I'll probably only be able to send off a couple at a time...but have no fear, I am planning on getting them to you (ALL OF YOU) before the end of September.
Thanks again for your patience. I don't deserve it. <3