Saturday, May 31, 2014
Update On What I've Been Up To:
Ok, so the last couple of posts have started with excuses...I decided to break the short tradition.
I have been doing a lot of things recently, and have barely managed to not neglect my poor blogging followers. :) Oh, wait, was that an excuse? Scratch that...
Let me fill you in on all I've been doing:
1. Finishing Math: and yes, I FINALLY finished! This school subject is the one that I have most difficulty finishing before summer, and I'm always glad when its finally done. It takes up a lot of time, especially as I've gotten into high school and had more challenging problems to unravel.
2. Working on Music: This also takes up a lot of time, because I'm having recitals for both my main instruments in June. (which is coming a lot quicker than I was thinking it would...) I have to practice piano for at least an hour every day, more on the weeks I do special music for church, and flute requires 40 min. pretty much every day too.
3. House Work: I'm one of ten children...we have lots to do around the house. Since I'm the third oldest girl, with two brother's between me and my younger sisters, I find myself helping out with meal preparation and cleanup, picking up after all those wonderful younger siblings, :P, among other things. Thankfully I have two older sister's who do a lot more house work than I do. Still, sometimes I get overwhelmed and I have to remind myself that God never asks us to do anything impossible, and that all these things I go through now will probably end up helping me when I'm an adult.
4. Stories: Yeah, this is towards the end of the list because I don't spend nearly as much time writing as I want to. Maybe now that it's almost summer... I do hope to finish self-publishing my book: "The Search for the Lost Dinosaur Bone", but my sister, Sarah, has to finish editing it. I've got dozens more books that I hope to at least finish typing out on our computer, but with all the idea's swarming in my brain, it's hard to collect any of them long enough to capture them and write them on paper in any sort of logical order.
5. Summer Activities: YAY! Summer fun has almost begun!! Starting last Monday with our church's annual Memorial Day Picnic, our family has groups from our church over for playtime and fellowship on Sunday Night Volleyball & S'mores, and Tuesday Field & Fellowship. These are fun times for me especially because it means I get to see my friends a lot more.
Also we have coming up our church's VBS, and a Family Retreat to Penial Ranch. I was elected the official photographer for the retreat and I can tell you right now that I'm VERY EXCITED!!!!
Well, long post short, I hope you can get a glimpse of my hectic life right now, and be able to appreciate the long hours I put into telling you about it. (Just Kidding... :P)
So...What have you been up to?
at May 31, 2014
This is the day that I'll be giving you guys THE announcement and cover reveal for my newest ebook (to be published soon) "Sleep...