Any one else excited?? ;P Once again, you guys all did really well. I was impressed how many you got right despite some of them being a little vague. ;) Nice job to everybody!
Here are the promised answers:
Little House on the Prairie
1. "A long time ago, when all the grandfathers and grandmothers of today were little boys and little girls or very small babies, or perhaps not even born..."
Misty of Chincoteague
2. "A wild, ringing neigh shrilled up from the hold of the Spanish galleon."
Pride and Prejudice
3. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
The Bible (or Genesis works as well)
4. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
The Silver Flower
5. "It all began when..."
6. "In a hole in the ground there lived..."
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
7. "Once there were four children whose names were..."
A Wrinkle in Time
8. "It was a dark and stormy night."
9. "I was born in the year 1632, in the city of York, of a good family, though not of that country..."
The Red Badge of Courage
10. "The cold passed reluctantly from the earth, and the retiring fogs revealed an army stretched out on the hills, resting."
Thistle the Dragon
11. "Once upon a time there lived a dragon. His name was..."
12. "If you want to find Cherry-Tree Lane all you have to do is ask the policeman at the cross-roads."
The Pilgrims Progress
13. "As I walked through the wilderness of the world, I came to a place where there was a den."
And here is how you all did! (Remember, each correct answer is worth 10 "points")
Lydia Scott: 60
Faith P.: 20
Blessing Counter: 50
Sarah Eddy: 80
And this means that my book nerd sister Sarah "won". And Lydia Scott came in as a close second! Like I said before, you all did a FANTASTIC job! :) I know I wouldn't have done nearly as well!
Would you be interested in doing it again?