This is a short story based on an actual event that happened right in our house. Let me know what you think of it! ;)
William poured himself a bowl of cereal for his breakfast. To keep his mind occupied during his meal, he curiously began reading the list of things that went into his food he was eating.
Half-way down the box, his eyes widened and he suddenly yelped, "Watch out guys, this cereal has IRON in it!!" to his other siblings around him.
"Relax William," his older sister Sarah corrected. "There's only little bits in it."
"Yeah, it's not like you're going to accidently swallow an iron anvil," his brother David joked.
William was skeptical, but tried to obey his sister and relax while continuing to read. It wasn't long before he jumped in his seat, startled into another exclamation. "Hey! It says 'acid'! Acid is POISONOUS!!!"
Then, after a short, stunned silence, he yelled out: "PHOSOSAURUS????? Guys, there's a DINOSAUR in here!"
For the record, he did actually read "iron". However, he failed to read that the other two items were "folic acid" and "phosphorus" both safe to eat. ;)
Hope you enjoyed this little look into our life. Can you tell we're a reading family? B-)